Item code: 276264
The Alpinestars Deus Ex Machina treatment has been applied to the Supertech M8 motocross helmet, finished in a striking black and white design, with red trim and Deus logos on the sides and back, there is also a retro bike design on the top as a nod to Deus Ex Machina’s roots in the custom bike building scene.
The design of the SM8 helmet is inline with Alpinestars philosophy and shares distinctive themes with all other motocross products from the brand, a smooth, attractive, profile which is streamlined. The surface curvature promotes reduced friction on impact, allowing deflection and efficient transfer of energy to protect the rider's head from direct force to the skull. The aperture is designed to accommodate a wide variety of goggles and the air vents in the shell are located to maximize ventilation efficiency. The shell has been profiled with performance as a priority and with a design style that identifies the profile of the helmet and its sculpted surface as uniquely 'Alpinestars'. Each helmet fit size has its appropriate shell size to deliver the most anatomical solution for the wide variety of fit requirements on a worldwide scale. Patented A-Head fitting height and angle adjustment system allows the helmet to be tuned exactly to the riders preference with a micro-adjustable pad that is connected to the helmet inner shell, it is possible to raise or lower the helmet fit and also, to tilt the helmet forward, or backwards. Shell construction is optimized to offer the best fit across the range of four size options combined with a multi-density EPS polymer lining to offer highly efficient impact energy management.Features:
- Multi-Directional Impact Protection System: MIPS, reduces damaging rotational energy from being transmitted to the brain.
- Shell construction utilizes a highly advanced moulding technology with a multi-composite combination.
- Unique shell lay-up construction results in extremely effective impact protection.
- The helmet features TPE coating washable surfaces to improve maintenance and increase durability.
- Designed to allow a helmet 'Eject' inflation system to be fitted into the inside crown of the shell.
- Specifically designed ducting produces a positive flow into the helmet over and around the rider's head.
- Removable liner cover is washable and features a cool-max fabric interior and anti-bacterial talent yarn.
- Additional cheek pad set offering increased the thickness of +5mm, for tighter fit adjustment - available separately.
- Wider chin-strap than certification requirement (26mm).
- Hydration system compatible.
- Comes in a soft bag.
- Double D-ring closure.
- 1300g for (ECE.
- ECE Approved.
- ACU Gold Stamp Approved.
MIPS stands for Multi-directional Impact Protection System, which is a leading slip-plane technology inside the helmet designed to reduce rotational forces that can result from certain impacts.