Item code: 210297
RFX Pro Series Throttle Tubes are machined from billet aluminium and feature a sealed bearing and Teflon sleeve to provide an effortless throttle action. RFX Pro Series Tubes resist damage in a crash unlike standard plastic tubes. For these reasons they are used by many of the top race teams and riders in the U.K Championships such as STR KTM.
- Replacement throttle tubes for all popular off road bikes.
- Uses the same cam profile as the OEM part for proper throttle control.
- Hard anodised billet aluminium construction.
- Sealed ball bearing and Teflon sleeve virtually eliminate friction.
- Laser etched with RFX logo.
- Knurled grip mounted area.
- Reduced chance of damage if you crash.
For an effortless throttle action
CNC Machined Construction
For the ultimate crash resistance
- Slide the rubber boot down and disassemble the throttle housing, remove the old throttle tube taking care not to damage the throttle cables.
- Carefully remove grip from the old throttle tube if required.
- Inspect the cables and housing for excess damage or wear, clean and lube them or replace if required.
- Clean the handlebar and inspect for damage where the old throttle tube has been spinning on the bar if a ridge is present replace the handlebars.
- Slide the new throttle tube on the handlebar and lube using a penetrating lubricant preferably Maxima MPPL (do not use grease as this attracts dirt and makes the throttle stick after a short period of time).
- Re-assemble the throttle cables and housing again using some penetrating lubricant.
- Tighten the throttle housing in the correct position on the handlebars.
- Adjust the cable to the required (free play amount) of your liking.
- Rotate the handlebars to their maximum position to check proper operation of the throttle and correct cable routing, some re-adjustment of the cable may be required.
- Slide the rubber boot back over the housing.
- Cover the hole in the end of the grip with some electrical tape (To stop glue entering the throttle barrel) and apply a small amount of RFX grip glue to the outer end of the throttle tube on the outside diameter.
- Apply a small amount of RFX grip glue to the inside of the new grip and slide onto the tube.
- Twist the grip to the correct position and leave to dry.
- Apply RFX safety grip wire if needed.
- After the glue has dried again check proper operation of the throttle.